- 1 Best Weight Vest Reviews
- 2 Weight Vest Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
A weighted vest, also referred to as weightlifting vest is basically made from heavy-duty materials and added with small pockets, which are filled with small steel bars, tiny sand bags, and other objects. The common purpose of this gear is to add weight during body-weight exercises, or during running, walking and other agility drills.
With regards to the performance, you should pick the best weighted vest, allowing you to optimize your physical routines. Researchers have shown that this fitness gear helps the lower body muscles in generating more force in opposition to the ground, which eventually results in the improvement of power, acceleration, and strength during physical activities. With that said, below are the top rated weighted vest the market has to offer, giving you only the most reliable and accurate weighted vest reviews.
Best Weight Vest Reviews
Cross 101 Adjustable Weighted Vest
Cross 101 Adjustable Weighted Vest is a top rated weight vest, garnering an average rating of 4.5-Stars on Amazon. This fitness gear includes 10 4-pound iron Ore weights, hence, with a maximum weight capacity of 40 pounds.
The weights are adjustable in 4-pound increments, and have a width of 13 inches. It is a one-piece adjustable weight vest with a belt attached onto it, allowing a very easy setup. This is a perfect gear in adding resistance to any workout, especially in the beginning of strength training and cross training.
The vest measures at 15 inches from the collarbone down, while measuring at 13 inches in width, making it the most compact and adjustable weighted vest within its category, weighing only at 40 pounds.
All in all, this vest is very sturdy and is able to tighten up close to the body, even for a 140 pound-woman. The weights are sand and also come in thick plastic bags, making them very easy to put into the pockets and out of it. It is the most comfortable weighted vest that is similar to most military combat vests, ideal for foot marches.
This vest is easy to put on and remove, although it cannot be adjusted around the neck or shoulder. The head area is pretty big, allowing the head to stick through very conveniently. It might not be the best weighted vest for running or jogging, but it is certainly perfect for other cross training exercises.
ZFOsports 40 Pounds Adjustable Weighted Vest
With a 4.5-Star Rating is the ZFOsports 40 Pounds Adjustable Weighted Vest with an obvious 40 pounds maximum weight limit. All the included weights are detachable or removable. This is the best weighted vest for training and a great way in adding resistance to workouts. An instruction manual is likewise included in the package, while the weight is adjustable in an increment of 2.5-pound.
The ZFO sports weighted vest has been designed to fit and stay onto the body tightly, despite intense workouts. Its design is perfect for men and women, especially for those who are looking for a vest at a reasonable price. It fits to the body snuggly, allowing the user to move about and breathe easily, while working out.
The weight is adjustable by adding or eliminating individual weighted bags for the user to achieve the desired weight. Based on ZFO sports weight vest review, this vest fastens tight to the whole torso with its custom-fit design that eliminates the weight from shifting during activities such as hill bounding, running, polymeric, power walking, and vertical jumps.
The vest comes with Velcro belt, keeping it tight to your torso, making it widely used in gyms for individuals who are performing pushups, pull ups, dips, lunges, and squats. This ZFO sports weight vest is perfect for training routines without compromising the biomechanics as it helps in increasing speed and strength, while accelerating respiration, weight loss, muscle and power gain. Weight vest reviews also reveal that the ZFO is able to help people in achieving their fitness goals faster than other vests, while doubling the desired results, unlike other fitness gear.
MIR 50LBS Short Adjustable Weighted Vest
Another 4.5-Star Rating is awarded to the MIR 50LBS Short Adjustable Weighted Vest. This top weighted vest includes 50 pounds of weights in 3-pound increment adjustments. A Velcro belt is likewise included with a double padding throughout the vest.
The MIR weighted vest has a 60-pound weight capacity. It also has a narrow shoulder design with empty compartments, ready for additional weights for the upper body with a front weight distribution, including the back weight distribution, allowing optimum performance.
Measuring at only 11 inches in length, this is the perfect weight vest for those looking for a compact design, but still allows maximum mobility. Moreover, this vest is designed with sturdy 1,200 denier reinforced nylon. With the double padded shoulders, this MIR vest offers added comfort because of the pad’s contour-fitting design.
The two adjustable straps located underneath are used in adjusting for the body length by simply sliding the strap up or down the D-rings. Weight levels are adjusted by removing or transferring the weight from the pockets, while securing the weight with the Velcro weight closures.
The MIR pro weighted vest is an incredible assistance with regards to intense trainings. Hence, it is a solid investment for gym goers and runners alike as they run up miles do pushups, pull ups, sit-ups, and even C2 rowing machine. The vest’s design fits snuggly even to small body frames without moving around during workouts. Overall, this is the best weight vest as it is capable of spreading weight on shoulders with adequate padding and is great for body-weight workouts.
SKLZ Weighted Vest
A great weighted vest for training is the SKLZ Weighted Vest, also garnering an average rating of 4.5 Stars. This fitted weight vest features a reinforced nylon design with mesh that allows maximum breathability. For added comfort, its edges are soft-bound, while the Velcro belt is adjustable to fit different users.
The stretch pockets of this weght vest allow the quick addition and removal of weights. It also includes 20 x 0.5-pound flexible weights, totaling to 10 lbs. Similar to other vests, this gear adds variable resistance to strength training routines without sacrificing the form and techniques. This is the best weight vest that can distribute up to 10 lbs of weight, in an even manner.
Maximum comfort is achieved with this vest, while providing flexible weights, which can bend with movement. It is mostly made of polyester and iron sand, ensuring durability. This is the weight vest for working out, ranging from push ups to chin ups, lunges, pull ups, and even intense exercises.
Nonetheless, this workout vest with weights comes from a trusted brand – SKLZ, which has been committed to improving every consumer, bringing out the best in each and every athlete through its products. Under Pro Performance Sports, SKLZ, its flagship brand offers a line-up of all pro weight vest.
Overall, a weighted sports vest from SKLZ is equivalent to skill development training, innovative athletic performance as well as high-grade technology, meeting the needs of all athletes both the amateur and the professionals alike.
Perfect Fitness Weight Vest, 20 Lbs, Grey
A reliable and heavy weighted vest is the Perfect Fitness Weight Vest, garnering an average rating of 4.5-Stars. This fitness gear offers maximum comfort with its flat and flexible weights, which can move with the body. This 20 pound vest also features breathable shell, plus padded shoulders, including a body armor-inspired and slim-fitting design that maximizes mobility.
Furthermore, this sports vest is also road-ready, considering its high-visibility reflective construction. It boasts a media player pocket, while its double belly band enclosure guarantees athletic fit and maximum function. This is among the best weighted vests for running and other workouts, adding intensity and resistance from one pound to 20 pounds.
The Perfect Fitness Weight Vest could be the best weighted vest as it fits very well. This gear also helps in strengthening the legs and core with simple -climbing or walking around with the vest. However, it works great, while working out in gyms too.
Among the best weight vests, the Perfect Fitness Weight Vest works well during running, helping improve the overall stamina, while making the core tighter. It is also a well-made gear, which is very easy to put on. The pockets are deep enough, holding the weights just perfectly in place, especially during running and climbing routines.
All in all, the Perfect Fitness Weight Vest is certainly the perfect weighted vest for men and women involved in physical trainings, whether indoors or outdoors, from the simplest routines to the most intense. This gear is perfect for improving the overall fitness and helps in achieving fitness goals faster and easier.
Tone Fitness Weighted Vest
Another top-rated slim weighted vest is the Tone Fitness Weighted Vest that can also improve strength training to workouts. This fitness gear is constructed with soft neoprene material that results in optimum comfort. It also features an additional pocket to accommodate a cell phone or an MP3 player.
Training with weight vest is sensible with the Tone Fitness Weighted Vest as it also boasts reflective strips for added safety, especially during walks at night time. It is a one-size that fits most vest and can help users in improving their cardio conditioning and stamina, which result in more speed, agility, and power in different activities.
It is a very-easy-to-wear vest with a simple buckle, including a secured electronics pocket and temperature-controlled design. Furthermore, the gear contains a few phthalate chemicals that could cause birth defects or reproductive-related harm, hence, pregnant women are not recommended to use such.
Nonetheless, users are impressed with the performance of this gear, considering it as the best weighted vest for Crossfit, especially with the extra 20 pounds that surely gives a big difference. The vest can fit even to big guys with wide shoulders and chests, and for those who want to experience a good sweat. The soft neoprene construction of the vest is very reliable, thereby; it will never pound on the user, while running.
All in all, the Tone Fitness Weighted Vest is equivalent to a short weighted vest, so it does not reach the stomach, unlike other vests that tend to be uncomfortable. The vest does not move more than the user, as long as it is strapped properly, making it perfect for different workouts like pushups, jumping, skipping, running, walking, and even a Crossfit program.
Weight Vest Buying Guide
Weight vests for training come in varied types or forms, which are subdivided into categories. Hence, it could be a daunting task to find the best fitness gear weight vest, especially for those who are unfamiliar with it. Below is a simplified guide for the potential buyers of this gear.
Basic Types of Weight Vests
- Fixed Versus Removable Weight – A wighted vest can be categorized under a fixed or a removable weight vest. A variety with a fixed weight simply has a weight, which cannot be changed as the weights could be sewn to the vest’s material directly. This type of vest is perfect during rigorous exercises, including motions that require multiple directions. With the fixed variety, the weight will not shift to different directions. On the other hand, vest with removable weights are also preferred by many gym goers and fitness enthusiasts, basically due to the flexibility it offers. The weighted vest weights usually range between 10 pounds and 60 pounds that work better during basic exercises and running drills.
- Male Versus Female Weight Vests – The market also offers weighted vest and shorts for men and women. Keep in mind that vests for men are likely to have heavier weight. Some vests are adjustable to a certain degree, preventing the weights to shift. These fitness gears are designed for muscle toning and building. Meanwhile, the best weighted vests for women are lighter, and are mostly the fixed varieties. The majority of women’s vests has ‘V’ shape with closer waist-fitting.
Note: A slim or heavy weight vest is likewise categorized, according to its body coverage. There are weight vests that serve as belts, putting it around the waist, while others are attached to the upper chest. There are also vests that cover the whole, upper torso. Vest shapes also vary, depending on the needed workout or body area to workout.
Key Benefits of Weighted Vests
What is the best weighted vest? The best vest is one which offers a lot of health and fitness benefits, both for men and women. There is a weighted belt for running, Crossfit, cardio training, and many other purposes. Hence, this fitness gear is designed and geared towards the improvement of one’s overall health and strength.
- Resistance Enhancement – Among the key benefits of wearing a training weighted vest are to enhance the resistance of the user. Resistance training means to build muscle, while the gear provides the perfect amount of resistance to the body weight. With the varied weight, the intensity during core training varies as well.
- Boost Intensity – Training with a weight vest will surely improve the intensity in different training approaches, accelerating the intensity of workouts for different muscle groups. A vest that fits onto the whole torso might have weights focusing on your upper torso, thus, strengthening the abdominals, while building core muscles.
- Better Strength and Endurance – The fitness gear can also increase power, strength and endurance. Carrying additional weight during workouts requires a great amount of strength and energy. This allows the muscles to adjust to the increased weight, resulting in an increased strength. Once the added weight is eliminated, endurance is similarly improved.
- Build Muscle and Improve Bone Density – Bone density and muscle building are the main focus of weight-bearing exercises. Once muscles are developed and strengthened, the bones tend to become stronger and denser, supporting the entire musculoskeletal system. On that note, a 40 pound vest, for instance, can be very helpful in achieving such goals. The whole approach is useful to seniors and women who are going through their menopausal stages as well as for those suffering from osteoporosis.
- Weight Loss – In fact, weight loss is the second main benefit of a training vest weight, increasing the weight loss rate as it speeds up the calorie-burning effects of workouts. Extra pounds, such as a 40 pound weight vest tend to add resistance, while increasing the intensity in the weight-bearing workout and force the body to work hard that result in the burning of more calories than the usual. This is mostly advantageous with cardio-related workouts, walking and running.
- Proper Posture Promotion – The use of a slim weight vest or any other variety also promotes the proper posture and an improved balance. Overall, enhanced body mechanics can lessen the possibilities of some sport-related injuries. This fitness gear also supports the back muscles during physical activities.
- Specialized Effects – The best weight vest for Crossfit does not only help during the Crossfit program. In fact, this fitness gear offers specialized results among children with autism, sensory integration disorder, and ADHD, and other illnesses that involve the lack of concentration or the ability to focus. Dogs likewise benefit from this gear, offering a calming effect for them to become more submissive and more manageable at the same time.
What to Consider Before Buying?
Aside from learning about the limitless benefits of the perfect fitness weight vest, there are more to learn, before making any purchase. Below are some of the key factors to consider prior to buying and strapping such vest onto your body.
- Identify Your Fitness Level – Identifying your fitness level is a top priority, before buying one of these gears. If you’re a beginner, for instance, it is sensible to opt for a 10 pound weight vest and then gradually add weight over time. It is also important to determine if you’re struggling from any movements and your workout schedule as well. Generally, it is strongly advised to boost your overall fitness level, prior to the addition of extra resistance.
- Identify Your Workout of the Day (WOD) –Workouts vary from one day to the other. Hence, it is important to identify if you will need to utilize a weight vest adjustable, fixed, or otherwise. Keep in mind that not all WODs require an extra resistance. After all, there are exercises that focus on body positions and techniques that wearing such vest is useless. On the other hand, workouts that require extra resistance will certainly need you to wear an additional 60 pound weight vest, for instance, helping you to become faster and fitter, in spite the added weight.
- Determine the Weight – Furthermore, determining the required weight for your workout is likewise important. Perhaps, five pounds would do well, based on your WOD, making a big difference and adding enough resistance already. Those who are not used to such gears should read about a weighted vest review or consult a fitness trainer for professional advice. By doing so, injuries will be prevented.
Over and above, 50 lbs weight vest or 60 lbs weight vest, and any other variety of weighted vests can make simple workouts challenging. But, choosing the right vest is similarly essential to achieve your fitness goals. Keep in mind that this gear offers boundless health and fitness benefits, unlike simple exercises without it.
It is also crucial to bear in mind the proper use of weight vests in order to maximize the potential advantages it offers. The overuse of such gear should be prevented, allowing a longer life span of this fitness gear. Also, consulting the professional advice of fitness experts is essential throughout your journey to becoming fit or losing weight.
On top of everything, it is highly important to rely on trusted brands and the top rated weighted vest to maximize the potentials and benefits of using a weight vest. Consider buying a box weight vest if you’re into boxing, or a weight vest Crossfit for such specific fitness programs. Remember the most reliable brands of weight vests, ranging from ZFO to MIR weight vest, and the above mentioned weight vests reviews.